Summer Eye Health - Summer 2019
Here are some tips for an eye-healthy summer in the sun:
- Always wear proper UV eye protection
- Do NOT wear contact lenses while swimming
- Wear safety eye wear during yard work activities
Ocular Allergies - Spring 2019
Here are some tips to help with allergy season:
- Avoid contact with the allergen as much as possible
- Do NOT rub your eyes
- Use cool compresses to help with inflammation
- Try OTC allergy eye drops and eye lid cleaners
How Often to Get Your Eyes Examined
- It is recommended that children get their eyes examined at 6 months, 4 years and at the start of kindergarten.
- If you have systemic diseases like diabetes or high blood pressure, an annual dilated eye exam is recommended.
- An annual dilated eye exam is also recommended once we turn the age of 55-60 to check for diseases like glaucoma and age-related macular degeneration.